Houston DWI Accident Lawyer
It’s unfortunate, but drunk driving is a major problem here in Houston, as well as throughout the rest of Texas. When people drive while intoxicated (DWI) or under the influence (DUI), they don’t just put themselves at risk—they put everyone unfortunate enough to be on the road with them in danger.
Getting injured in a drunk driving car accident is a very real possibility, and one that can easily leave you buried under a mountain of medical debt and vehicle repair bills. It might be possible to get the funds you need for your recovery through a personal injury lawsuit against the drunk driver. Call Denena Points P.C. today for a free legal consultation.
Holding a Drunk Driver Accountable
There’s no doubt about it—drunk driving is an act of gross negligence. Odds are very good that someone driving intoxicated will be arrested when the police come to investigate your crash and file an accident report.
This will be immensely helpful to your civil suit later, especially if there are blood test or breathalyzer results that we can use to support your case. Other evidence might include witnesses who saw the at-fault driver drinking at a bar or restaurant prior to the crash. We’ll handle the investigation and evidence collection, while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Injuries in DWI and DUI Car Accidents
A common theme in many drunk driving crashes is the severe nature of the injuries that often result. Because alcohol so impairs a driver’s judgment and reaction time, these wrecks often result in horrific bodily harm—especially if pedestrians are involved.
These are some of the most common injuries seen in DWI accidents:
- Brain Injuries – Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can seem minor at first, but then deteriorate further in time. If you even suspect that you sustained a head injury, make certain to see a doctor as soon as possible.
- Spine Injuries – Damage to your vertebrae or spinal cord could result in a lifetime of pain and reduced mobility. In the worst cases, full or partial paralysis could result.
- Broken Bones – These injuries vary widely in severity. Minor fractures could heal in a month or two, while crushed bones might require surgically installed pins or plates. Either way, you’re all but certain to miss time at work and suffer emotionally and physically.
- Emotional Trauma – Because DWI accidents tend to be so serious, crash victims sometimes suffer trauma such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression.
- Wrongful Death – It’s not uncommon for DWI crashes to result in a fatality, leaving the family to contend with their loss emotionally and financially.
Financial Compensation for a Drunk Driving Car Accident
It’s not your fault that the other driver decided to get behind the wheel while under the influence of alcohol. It was the drunk driver’s negligence that caused the auto wreck, and he or she should compensate you for your injuries and damages.
With our help, you can seek a monetary settlement that will cover your current and future medical expenses, lost income, vehicle repairs, pain and suffering, and damage done to your overall quality of life. A Houston DWI accident lawyer can be your advocate.
Help from a Houston Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyer
At Denena Points, PC, we understand what you’re going through as you work to move on from the car accident. The stress from the injuries, insurance complications, and legal hurdles can seem unbearable at times, but we’re here to help you through it.
For a free consultation to discuss your case, please give us a call at 713-807-9500 or send us a message through our online contact form below. As your lawyers for life, we’re here to help.