Houston Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma is a devastating illness caused by exposure to asbestos. If someone else caused your contact, you can seek compensation with help from a Houston mesothelioma lawyer.
When you’ve been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you likely have a ton of questions: What does this mean for my everyday life, such as going to work? How am I going to afford all the medical treatments this will cause? What do I do now? But the biggest question you’re probably asking is “how did I get this?”
The entire process of handling this type of cancer diagnosis can be tough, and when you add in the stress of filing a claim against the parties responsible for your asbestos exposure, you’re suddenly in deep.
Hire an experienced Houston mesothelioma lawyer from Denena Points, PC. Your attorney is there to help you navigate the tough road ahead by investigating the party or parties at fault for your exposure, as well as fighting to ensure that you are getting the compensation you deserve.
Determining Fault for Asbestos Exposure
Being exposed to asbestos most often causes mesothelioma. In fact, as of 2013, approximately 125 million people have been exposed to asbestos at work. The workplace is just one example of where you could have come into contact with asbestos. Others include the following:
- Construction or demolition sites
- Rental properties or residences
- Old and out-of-code buildings
- Contact with items belonging to others who have been exposed to asbestos
How you were exposed to asbestos will help your Houston mesothelioma lawyer determine the parties at fault, as there may be many. For example, any employers who knew asbestos was a problem, the builders of the location, inspectors, and similar parties could all be held responsible for your exposure.
Regardless of who is at fault, the important thing your attorney wants to do is help you file your claim and fight for compensation to help you through this difficult time.
What Is My Mesothelioma Claim Worth?
An accurate estimate will require a thorough investigation of your exposure and the treatments that your cancer will require, as there are a number of factors to take into consideration. However, your case will more than likely include compensation for some of the following items:
- Medical Bills – This includes current and future procedures, medication, and treatment expenses you may face as deemed necessary by a medical professional
- Lost Wages – Including any income or earning potential that you are missing out on due to your cancer or missing work for medical visits
- Transportation Expenses – If you are not well enough to drive yourself to appointments or everyday life requirements
- Pain and Suffering – Which will be estimated by the general decrease in quality of life and emotional distress
- Punitive Damages – These are awarded as punishment to the negligent party when malice or truly egregious disregard for your safety were present
Many other expenses may be included in your claim, but the best way to get an accurate estimate is to talk with your attorney.
Contact a Houston Asbestos Cancer Lawyer
Mesothelioma symptoms can take many months or even years to appear, but once they do, the amount of time and money it takes to deal with the diagnosis can be difficult to handle alone.
Talk to a Houston mesothelioma lawyer from Denena Points, PC so that we can help you investigate the cause of your asbestos exposure and get you the compensation you deserve. Simply complete the form below or give us a call directly at 713-807-9500 to get started with a free consultation.