Houston Injury Lawyer
No matter what caused it, an injury can change your life. Unfortunately, that change is usually a bad thing. If your injury wasn’t your fault, a Houston injury attorney can help you pursue the compensation necessary to bring your life back to normal.
When an accident that wasn’t your fault injures you, anger and frustration are likely to accompany the physical pain and expenses of the injury. You probably feel that the person responsible for your injuries should be held accountable for your suffering and expenses, and you’re right.
To hold the negligent party who injured you accountable, you have to file a personal injury claim. But that’s not where the fight ends. You then have to prove what happened, how your injuries have affected your life, and why you deserve compensation.
That’s something Denena Points, PC can help you with. A Houston injury lawyer with our firm will see your case through from the moment you walk through our door to the day you receive the compensation you deserve.
Investigating Your Personal Injury
Your Houston personal injury lawyer will help you identify all those who might have been negligent in your accident. Naming as many responsible parties as possible will help ensure that you recover the largest possible settlement.
Injury-causing accidents fall into several broad categories. Identifying your accident type will help you and your lawyer identify all the parties who should be held accountable in your Houston injury claim.
The following are some common causes of injuries:
- Product Defects – Companies should protect their consumers from harm. If you’ve been injured by contaminated fruit, a defective toaster, an unsafe drug, or any other product you were using as intended, you may be able to pursue compensation from the manufacturer.
- Premises Liability – Whether you slip and fall in a grocery store or suffer a dog bite at a neighbor’s home, you may be able to hold the owner of the property accountable.
- Vehicle Accidents – A manufacturer of faulty or recalled parts, another driver, a passenger, a pedestrian, or even a government entity that did not properly care for the road may be responsible for your vehicle accident.
- Workplace Accidents – Workers compensation insurance purchased by your employer often covers injuries on the job site; however, if a third party was even partially responsible for your injuries, you may be able to include that person in your Houston injury claim.
Types of Personal Injuries
When considering your losses, you will learn that certain types of injuries have a much larger impact on your finances and wellbeing than others. They also have the potential to cause long-term health problems.
Still, no matter what type of injury you’ve suffered, you deserve compensation if it was caused by someone else’s careless behavior.
Below are some common injury types for which you can seek compensation:
- Spine and Back Injuries – Injuries to the spine or back can be debilitating, especially if they cause full or partial paralysis. Spine injuries are commonly associated with vehicle accidents.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Any blow to the head can cause a brain injury. Common head injuries include concussions and brain tearing. You may require long-term, in-home care after a serious head injury.
- Broken Bones – Although they are relatively common, broken bones can severely damage your financial wellbeing. They can prevent you from working for weeks and leave you saddled with enormous medical bills.
- Amputations – Serious accidents can result in lost limbs or injuries so severe that they necessitate amputation. You might be able to pursue compensation for permanent disfigurement in addition to medical bills, lost wages, and other financial damages.
- Severe Burns – Car crashes and exploding electronics are common causes of burn injuries. A severe burn can cause lifelong scars and nerve damage that diminish your quality of life—damages for which you deserve to be compensated.
Additionally, if a loved one died as a result of any type of accident for which someone else was fault, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim. Your attorney will seek damages for the loss of expected income, emotional trauma, medical bills from your loved one’s hospitalization, and more.
Your Houston injury attorney will be able to assess the long-term impact of your injuries and build a claim that will cover every conceivable damage.
Contact a Houston Accident Injury Lawyer
No matter what kind of injury you’ve suffered, if someone else’s negligent actions caused it, Denena Points, PC can fight to get you the compensation you need to recover.
For a consultation with an experienced Houston injury lawyer, call us at 713-807-9500 or fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page.