Who Is at Fault for My Houston Car Accident?
There is no doubt that car accidents are an unfortunate part of life in Texas. Thousands of accidents happen every day across the state, causing serious injuries that can potentially change the course of one’s life.
Determining who is negligent for causing your accident is the first step in filing a claim to recover damages for your injuries. Sometimes it’s obvious who the liable party is, and sometimes it may be difficult to determine as multiple parties may have been involved.
More often than not, accident victims ask themselves the question, “Who is at fault for my Houston car accident?” The answer can be discovered by working with a Houston car accident lawyer who will investigate and examine the evidence and identify the negligent party responsible.
Determining Who’s at Fault
Determining who’s at fault for your car accident can be a complicated affair. Most of the time, a driver is responsible for an accident, but in many cases, a third party may have contributed to the wreck and be responsible for your injuries.
Third parties may include any of the following:
- A restaurant or bar that served alcohol to the other driver
- A host at a party, event, or home who served alcohol to the other driver
- The negligent driver’s employer
- An auto parts manufacturer whose defective part or design contributed to the wreck
- A car maker whose design flaw caused the accident
- A contractor or engineering firm that designed an unsafe intersection or road
- A road construction contractor who failed to properly set up a work zone
- A doctor who failed to warn a patient that the side effects to his or her medication may be hazardous for driving
Evidence of Negligence
To determine if a third party can be pursued for a personal injury claim, our firm can investigate your accident and analyze the evidence.
There are several investigative resources that we can use to identify which parties are potentially responsible for your car accident:
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Police report documentation
- Accident reconstruction reports
- Statements from witnesses
- Accident video data and the other driver’s cell phone data
- Automaker recalls and manufacturing parts recalls
Identifying Who Is at Fault for Your Auto Wreck
Being involved in a car accident can be a stressful and difficult time, and dealing with police and insurance companies can be an overwhelming experience, especially when you are recovering from injuries. With the financial repercussions piling up, you’ll want to make sure that you name all of the at-fault parties in your lawsuit so that you can maximize your potential financial compensation.
Denena Points, PC can help you determine who is at fault and how much your car accident claim is worth. With detailed investigations, we often settle cases for their full worth before they ever go to court.
To take the next step, call 713-807-9500 and schedule a 100 percent free consultation to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys. There is absolutely no obligation or pressure to proceed. You can also contact us by filling out the form at the bottom of this page.